Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas!

Does not feel like Christmas! But it'll be fun anyway. Big meal with extended family tonight, and the exchange of presents. I've already got a few presents - a watch from the Rotary and gorgeous bracelets from a host family. Also a pretty journal and some vietnamese crystallised ginger.

School is finished! Got to experience a real French strike, the school kids got angry about new reforms and decided to block the school for three days which was nice for a few days off as well as getting to yell some fun political chants and having people give me the 'dirty communist' look. This just doesn't happen at my school in Australia! We also had lots of going away cakes. The best ones were the German ones... I want to go to a German Christmas market. Will have to save that for another year. I'll also ski, since I haven't had the chance to even see European snow yet, except the time it almost snowed.

Eleven sleeps left... kinda terrifying.

1 comment:

E said...

Holf! You must be home or nearly. Bet by the time you read this you are. Welcome back, even though I'm not there. Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas without family.