Friday, September 19, 2008

Regular week.

The cleaning lady came into my room. I can tell because EVERY SINGLE OBJECT IS PERFECTLY NEATLY ARRANGED IN ANALLY STRAIGHT LINES. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate having a clean room, but she really didn't need to arrange the three bobby pins that I left on my bedroom table perpendicularly. The stack of magazines is now nice and straight. My souvenir can of Foster's is aligned with the purple cup. My camera charger's cable is neatly rolled. My glasses and sunglasses are next to each other, facing the same way.

I assume she has too much time on her hands.

This morning I had toast for breakfast.

I have a lot of homework and feel like I should actually do it but really would prefer to stay in bed all day. The teachers consider me like a normal student - the philosophy teacher even asked me to read some of Freud's writing out loud. I shook my head.
'Why don't you want to read, Holly?'
Obvious answer! ACCENT. But I just said 'because' and he was satisfied. Marion read, and she reads well.
Now we have an essay to write. Apparently I have to find a paradox in one of the questions 'Does one choose one's friends?' or 'Is there an object of desire?'
Both of these questions seem a bit... hmm.

I had a good couple of weeks hanging out with the Finnish girls, Emma and Katariina. They're leaving this weekend!

Insurance is not an appealing thing to occupy myself with. I really should go and see the blood test people. Ninety euros just to find out that I'm O+. I can take anyone's blood but only other O plussers can take mine. I feel a bit selfish really! Does one choose one's blood group? The answer is no.

Busbusbus.

1 comment:

E said...

wow, I haven't checked your blog in ages.

I love that you live in a room of cigarette lightewrs and neatly arranged bobby pins. Please do post a photo.

Philosophy is great. If you start reading Sartre make sure you read some Murdoch as well at some stage- she's great. She uses some of his ideas but her philosophy, her outlook on life, appeals to me a lot more.

Freud was a strange, strange man. I know he did a lot for psychology but I find it really weird that a lot of his observations were based upon his observations of his own children.